Teacher Times #11
November 12, 2013
After-School Club Procedures
REMINDER: If you have not done so, the following must be done if you have an after school program:
Below is the form that must be used to take your after school attendance. The names must be typed on the form and your name must be typed on the top with the name of your club. The typed form must be e-mailed to me for my permanent file.
Each time you meet your after school students you must take attendance by making checks next to their name on the appropriate day. Put the date on the top and sign at the bottom. You must send a student with the completed formwithin 10 minutes into your program to the main office 532. A copy and given to the student so you can attach it to your attendance sheet.
When everyone has followed this procedure, we will be able to order snacks for our kids.
Attendance Correction Procedures
1) If a student comes into the main office claiming he/she was marked absent, the student must be given the attendance correction form to give to their teacher. The teacher is to fill out the form below and return it back to the office signed by the teacher.
2) If office staff/guidance counselor or administrator realizes that a student was marked absent, the same procedure as above must be followed.
3) If a teacher realizes that he/she made a mistake on the attendance bubble sheet and the sheet has already been scanned, the teacher must fill out the above form, sign it and return it to the main office staff.
4) At no time must any attendance be changed without the form below.
5) Attendance only should be changed by Gladys, Kecia or Valerie. No one else should be changing any students attendance and that can ONLY be done with the appropriate sign documentation from a teacher, guidance counselor or administrator.
Fire Drill Procedures
Evacuations are the most common used emergency response in New York City Schools. It is important that we practice each one as if was the real thing.
Please remember the following protocols:
1. Teachers must lead their classes until they reach their designated stopping point. Students should not be leading the way.
2. Students should exit quickly and orderly, remaining in a two line formation whenever possible.
3. Take attendance-Account for the students who actually reported to your class.
4. Students should be silent at all times and should be reminded to remain quiet when they talk.
5. Tapco's designated sidewalk is the one directly opposite the stairs from the 4th floor plaza. Any class exiting or entering the building from the main entrance should cross immediately at the bottom of the staircase.
6. The fire drill is not over until students have returned to the classroom.
Practice makes perfect and we have 4 more fire drills to go for the month of November. Lets aim for perfection.
Professional Development and Student Opportunities
Professional development and student opportunities are posted on the PD and Student Opportunities page. This week’s highlights include:
§ Register by November 19: Engineering and Inquiry for City Technology for K-3
§ Participate on November 21: Service-Learning Kickoff Conference!
§ Ongoing through November: PD Opportunities for Educators of Students with Disabilities
§ Participate in November and December: Advance Teacher Professional Development: An Introduction to the Danielson 2013 Framework for Teaching
§ Participate on December 3: “The Girls Must Work: Women and WWI” Teacher Workshop
§ Participate on December 4: Museum of the City of New York Free Open House for Educators: Post-Sandy Photography
Grant opportunities are posted on the Grants website (you can visit the page on any computer using this link). This week’s highlights include:
§ Studio in a School –Grant Opportunity for Title I Prek-6 Schools
§ Studio in a School – Grant Opportunity Title I Schools Elementary
§ Studio in a School – Grant Opportunity for Title I Schools PreK Elementary
Pic Of The Week
Election Day PD 11/5/13
"Protocol for student leaving room unauthorized"