Remote Learning Expectations
During hybrid or 100% remote learning, your child is expected to complete all assignments provided by the teacher. At the same time, we recognize that working independently at home is different and difficult for many students, so we want to provide flexibility.
- Check each of your teacher’s Google Classrooms in the morning to find out what needs to be done for the day. Use this information to write out a schedule and to-do list for the day.Students and families should check their teachers' Google Classroom daily for important updates from their teachers. The best way to reach teachers is through their email or phone.
- During 100% distance learning, your teacher may conduct live classes via Google Hangouts. Check Google Classroom for your live class schedule.
- Have your student‘s Zoom account set up. To do this, log out of any old accounts on Zoom. Then click the “Sign in with Google” button. After you click the “Sign in with Google” button, you can enter the student’s tapconyc.org email address and password to sign in.
- Parents and students should download the Remind app. Then email your child’s teachers for a Remind class code or request one by posting a message in Google Classroom. This will allow you to get messages directly from teachers about live online classes, assignments and important announcements.
- Students should make sure that they are entering Zoom or Google Meets with their microphones muted. Students should only unmute their microphones when given permission by the teacher. The chat on Zoom and Google Meet should only be used for conversations related to the lesson. Students should make sure that they do not use inappropriate language in the chat or the meeting.
- When signing in for virtual classes or meetings, students are expected to be on time, appropriately dressed, and ready to learn. We suggest signing in 5 minutes before class starts. Please try to reduce background noise and distractions as much as possible