Teacher Times #31
May 20, 2013
Students may completed credit recovery for failed courses if they meet certain criteria. Teachers need to completed a credit recovery form (attaced), develop a plan, and meet with the Accredidation Committee for approval, before giving the student make-up assignments.
Targeted credit recovery policies are as follows:
For any further questions, you may contact Mr. Fernandez and/or Ms. Butkowski.
No student should be permitted to play on a team if they are failing classes. Please see Mr. Link if anyone is.
Oline Regents Resources
This is really an amazing guide. We should create a place on the site for this. In fact, I have and I just put it up. It would be nice to see this build into a substantive resource for students- as long as they are guided through the guides and their utility. http://tapconyc.weebly.com/regents-resources.html
Please provide Mr. Colon with online Regents Resources for students on the aforementioned page.
Pic Of The Week
1) Anyone that has a class in the auditorium should make sure they close the door behind them, and that it is locked.
2) All students should be monitored at all times. If any students are working outside the classroom for any reason, you should continually monitor and walk through the door to always have an eye on them.
2013-2014 Quality Review Rubric
The Quality Review Rubric for the 2013-14 school year is now available here. For questions, email Walter Glass at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Development and Student Opportunities
Professional development and student opportunities are posted on the PD and Student Opportunities page. This week’s highlights include:
· Register by May 23: STEM Matters NYC Career Day
· Participate on May 30: Additional Ways to Graduate Fair
· Apply by May 31: New York Fed Enrichment Program
· Register by May 31: Demystifying and Resolving Middle School Students' Behavior Conference
· Participate on June 3: Parent Coordinator Training
Grant opportunities are posted on the Grants website (you can visit the page on any computer using this link). This week’s highlights include:
· Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation
Please come out on Tuesday at 4pm at PS 29 on Melrose Ave and 157th st to cheer on the Girls softball team in the playoffs. If you have questions, contact Mr. Buchbinder!